Wednesday 31 March 2010

Update on the Porsche 944 Turbo overfuelling and running rich

O.K now I do have an update on the overfueling and running rich tale.
The car is no longer ovefueling or running rich and neither am I as
I'm £560 poorer :P

Promax have fixed the loose pipe they found on the turbo but the car was still apparently running too rich. Some fault finding later and a new Air Flow Meter
a(Bosch refurb unit) was fitted so the car I am told is now running correctly.

I know the AFM was always a likely suspect and TBH I don't think that Mr Rolling Road is to blame. The AFM had clearly been cut open and resealed before and as I have previously mentioned, the adjustment was right up one end on the screw which is not the norm from what I have read.

It will be interesting to get the car back and see does it drives any better than it did when I bought it. It will also be interesting to see if it does a few more miles to the gallon. I know we don't buy these cars for economy but assuming the AFM was always knackered it must do a few more MPG now. The fuel tank has super unleaded in it at the moment so it will be a fair test drive.

I'll drive the car back from Bedfordshire in a few days and close this particular tale with my opinion on how the car is driving. I would have liked to have spent that £560 on servicing and 'improving' the car but since we own Porsche cars we're going to take the odd hit arent we !.

Theres plenty more 'Classic Porsche' ownership news to come though.

Regards Mas

1 comment:

  1. Has your mpg and drive-ability improved after this AFM fix?

    ReplyDelete