Friday 10 September 2010

Porscheless for the winter ?

Well I sold the 944 turbo on to a fellow enthusiast and I have to say I'm sure they got a sound and good value car. All major mechanicals sorted and not a rot box like some you see for sale. I hope the new owner looks after her and enjoys putting some miles on the clock.

Why did I sell up ? , a good question but for several reasons. One of the main reasons is that I just don't do Black cars. I bought that one as she was a good car and good value but even at my age I am still learning many lessons and I should have known that I would never be able to live with a Black car and I couldn't. The other main reason is that I think buying a second 944 Turbo in quick succession was another mistake. I shoud have tried an S2 or a 968 so that I had more of a change.

Everyone I know Porsche wise is asking me what I'll buy next and the only honest answer is that I really don't know. My thought process and dilemma goes that I sort of fancy making a road legal track car but that I think would have to be an S2 to be quick enough to be fairly competitive. I also fancy getting in to auto trials and similar fun low level motorsport, this would be a 2.7 lux with a rollcage and some other mods and woud mean joining a local motorsport club. I do fancy that but my other main hobby and family might not leave enough time to get too seriously involved in that. Another option is to get a 968 just because it's the ultimate development of the 944 and I havn't had one.

Either way at the moment I'm Porscheless and therefore putting away quite a few pounds every month. I think unless a real bargain comes along I'm best off sitting out the winter with an empty garage and starting again in the Spring with a good car fund.

Sounds like a plan ! ( but knowing me I'll buy something , I always do)

Mas

No comments:

Post a Comment