Friday 10 December 2010

Run up to Christmas

I've been looking around at 80's ans 90's classics quite a bit , after all the weather has been freezing literally and the old computer has had a bit of use to say the least. It's hard to find something fun and useable that won't tie up too much cash sitting in the garage but I have grown a liking for the MR2.

I went to view a Mark one today that was supposed to be a bit special but suprise , suprise it really wasn't even close. The body was sound and the engine ran very quietly indeed but I doubted the clutch and it didn't give the impression of an enthusiasts car so I walked away.

I have my eye on a couple of Mark 2 cars that aren't too far away and will be taking a look at them.

The MR2 mark 2 has a lot of similarity to the Porsche 944. They are supposed to be well built with bomb proof engines if looked after and they are a 2-door rear wheel drive. I have to say they ar a very good looking car too and the performance is pretty similar I.E similar BHP through the different models. I suspect that from what I have read the handling too is along similar lines. I don't know if I will actually buy an MR2 as yet but knowing me if I fancy one I will and if not I'll move on so we shall see.

I was going to get an Audi S2 due to the fact that it's an iconic car , and 4 wheel drive ( ideal round here in the winter) but the more I looked in to them the more I realise tht with petrol getting close to 6 pounds a gallon 18-20 MPG average is going to make for a dear old car if I fancy a trip to Le Mans or some other rally. I don't need mega horsepower anyway , I've done that and I'm far too long in the tooth to be driving like a complete twonker on public roads.

Nothing more to report today except that I T-Cutted Mrs Mas's V70 T5 and it's come up a treat !



Regards Mas

No comments:

Post a Comment